If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by processed cheese food. Some years ago I received one of those holiday baskets and it it was a tub of Brie and Almond processed cheese food, Yum! I thought, brie and almonds what could be bad. Well, processed cheese food can be bad. Flash forward to my final exam last semester and small piece of paper plucked from that that said RISOTTO. I love to make risotto, I can both cook and day dream at the same time. Its gentle and soothing and it always makes me calm. The almonds provide a bit of crunchy contrast to the rich ooziness of the brie. Nice as first course or with a big crunchy bitter green salad as a main. —Aliwaks
Serves 6 or 4
- 4 cups homemead or low sodium chicken stock
- 1 large shallot minced
- 1+ tablespoons butter
- 1.5 cups Canaroli rice
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or vermouth
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus
- 1/4 pound chilled Brie de Meaux or other creamy lovely brie
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup grated parmesean
- Set stock over medium heat, add lemon zest heat to a simmer
- Cut tips off asparagus, cut stems into thin circles, cut brie into 1" cubes ( I leave the rind in)
- Set a wide saute pan over medium and heat, 1 Tbs butter, add shallots, season with salt & white pepper sweat till soft and translucent
- Add rice and stir together, making sure all the grains are coated in butter and shiny, when they become like little pearls raise heat a bit and pour in the wine, stir and let it absorb into the rice
- once all the wine has been absorbed, ladle in some hot stock..stir gently and consistantly, when that has been absorbed and in some more, keep going, let the rice get thirsty then add in more stock
- as the swells and becomes creamy, test every so often when it is just a moment sort of al dente ( the tiny white bit in the center is barely there) add the asparagus then one more ladle of stock, stir and cover for a minute or two
- Remove cover, lower heat stir in brie and grated parm.. let in melt and ooze into the rice, stir till the rind has disappeared, if you think it needs it stir in a cube or two of butter. Season with Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
- To serve; keep warm and pour almonds & brown butter over top, garnish with chopped chives and fresh cracked peppers
Brown Butter Almonds
- 3/4 slivered almonds
- 2.5 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Set heavy bottomed saute pan over medium heat
- Add almonds, shake or stir until they just start to brown
- Add lemon juice, let it evaporate
- Remove almonds, add butter, lower heat and let butter brown, when it it fragrant & nutty add almond back.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Risotto (Savory)
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.