If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We were inspired to try this while shopping at Williamsburgh, Brooklyn's Meat Hook. They have beautiful home made rabbit sausage that we used as the base for a simple Winter-Turns-To-Spring dinner. The carrots and parsley add color and a bit of subtle humor. If you can't find the sausage, but can find a rabbit, make a simple loose sausage and use the bones for a rabbit stock to replace the chicken stock! - TPot
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 leaks, chopped
- 1 pound rabbit sausage, casing removed
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1.5 cups carrot, fine dice
- 4 cups chicken stock (or rabbit stock!)
- salt to taste
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in large casserole over medium heat.
- Add shallot, garlic, and leaks and saute until soft.
- Add rabbit sausage and crumble while sauteing until the sausage and aromatics have color and are slightly caramelized. Add the thyme leaves whole, stripped from the stems.
- Add ground pepper, rice and carrots, stirring to coat rice with rendered oil for a couple minutes.
- Add one cup of heated stock to the casserole, gently stirring to keep the rice from sticking to the pan. Once the rice has absorbed the stock, add another cup of stock. Continue to add heated stock and gently stirring until the rice is almost to the desired texture. Taste for salt (remember that the cheese added at the end will have some salt too).
- Once the last cup of stock has been added and has been almost completely absorbed, add the parmigiano and the parsley. Turn off the heat, and stir gently to combine until the mixture is smooth and still moist.
- Serve immediately with a shave parmigiano and a grind of pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Risotto (Savory)
Flourless Almond & Coconut Cake
Looked for salad, ended up with cake: Life in a nutshell.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.