If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I wanted to make a dessert to serve with Chocolate Biscotti so I decided to try a Zabaglione--which I had never made before. My husband loves Sambuca, so I used it as the liquor in place of the traditional wine. With a biscotto, a sprinkling of pine nuts, and one perfect blackberry, it was a great dessert! —drbabs
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons Sambuca
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 2 blackberries (optional)
- 2 chocolate biscotti (optional)
- Put about 2 inches of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat so that water is barely simmering.
- In a stainless steel bowl that's large enough to sit on top of the saucepan without the bottom touching the water, whisk together the eggs, sugar and Sambuca.
- Place bowl over simmering water and whisk constantly for about 7-10 minutes, until it thickens and increases in volume.
- Take it off the stove, and refrigerate if desired. Spoon into glasses, sprinkle with pine nuts, and serve with a blackberry and biscotto if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Italian Dessert