If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño or serrano pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ground corriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat a sauce pan with butter and sauté the onion and garlic until translucent. Don’t forget to season it with salt and pepper early. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the lamb, tomatoes, jalapeno, parsley and spices in a bowl and mix with your hands.
- Add the cooled onion and garlic mixture to the bowl and combine well.
- Form into sausage-like shapes on metal skewers and return them to the fridge for at least an hour.
- Grill to perfection turning occasionally on hot grill.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon, a mint-yogurt-cucumber dipping sauce or over a fragrant cous cous. Otherwise, place in a hoagie roll with a smidge of harissa for a real treat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Lamb
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
DIY Nutter Butters.
We give it 8 tentacles up.