If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This pea purée takes minutes to make and can be paired with different kinds of fish or a rack of lamb and it screams Spring! —Culinista Annouchka
Makes about 2 cups
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas, thawed (about a 10 oz bag)
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon graded lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or more if desired)
- 1/3 cup low sodium or low sodium chicken broth
- To make the purée, combine the peas, mint, garlic, salt & pepper and lemon zest in a blender or food processor.
- While the machine is running stream in the olive oil and broth in a steady drizzle.
- Once you have achieved the desired consistency place the puree in a saucepan and warm up over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Spring Peas
Cut to the Chase
How to take care of your cutting boards
Take care of your cutting boards.
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Un-junk your closet (or hide it).
Get your shine on.