Author Notes: This pea purée takes minutes to make and can be paired with different kinds of fish or a rack of lamb and it screams Spring! - Culinista Annouchka
Makes about 2 cups
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas, thawed (about a 10 oz bag)
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon graded lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or more if desired)
- 1/3 cup low sodium or low sodium chicken broth
- To make the purée, combine the peas, mint, garlic, salt & pepper and lemon zest in a blender or food processor.
- While the machine is running stream in the olive oil and broth in a steady drizzle.
- Once you have achieved the desired consistency place the puree in a saucepan and warm up over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Spring Peas