Author Notes: I first ate this pasta about 25 years ago when a neighbor made it for a dinner party. Filled with the flavors of summer, I've been making it every summer since then. Blight or no blight, I crave this mouth-watering tomato-palooza every summer. - THEToughCookie
- 3 cups fresh tomatoes, cubed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup good quality olive oil
- 2 tablespoons julienned basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons minced Greek olives
- 1 pound thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- Bring water to boil in large pot.
- While water is coming to a boil, combine tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, olive oil, basil, parsley, capers and olives in large mixing bowl. Let sit to allow acids to begin to break down tomatoes a bit.
- Cook pasta to al dente stage. Drain, and immediately add to tomato mixture. Mix thoroughly. Serve with grated parmesan cheese.