If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple, yet delicious pork shoulder with my take on mashed potatoes —Carnivore&Vegetarian
Roasted Pork Shoulder
- 3 pounds Pork Shoulder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Sauce (or other hot sauce)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Adobo powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat Oven to 325. Combine all seasonings except sriracha in bowl.
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat
- Sear pork on each side for a minute each
- Rub with seasonings. And let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Place on a oven roasting rack and cook approximately 2 - 2.5 hours. You should cook the pork for about 40 minutes per pound, so you can adjust based on the size of your piece of meat.
- Once completely tender to the point of falling apart, let rest on cutting board for 15 minutes. Pull apart with tongs/fork. Serve with Turnip Mash (recipe to follow)
Potato and Turnip Mash
- 2 medium turnips
- 1.5 pounds white or yellow potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- Cut turnip into cubes and boil over high heat for about 10 minutes. Add cubed potatoes to pot and continue to boil (turnips take longer, so this will allow them to be complete at the same time)
- Mash, add milk and margarine. Mash again until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with pork shoulder.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Roasted Pork Shoulder
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
It's in the bag.