If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: About a year ago I ate a delicious salad at Green Street Cafe in Northampton, MA that featured smoked salmon and greens topped with a poached egg. The memory of that salad resurfaced recently when I discovered a package of frozen smoked salmon in my freezer and some miscellaneous vegetables in my refrigerator. Since I love to make salads, I created the following smoked salmon salad which was delightfully fresh (even with thawed out smoked salmon), tasty and nutritious. I didn't measure my ingredients, but I think anyone can use his/her judgement on quantities. The quantities I list below are approximations. Feel free to explore your fridge for other ingredients. I wish I had taken a photo to accompany the recipe, but it was almost all gone before I thought of it. - Leslie_
- Boston bib lettuce, 1/2 head
- 2-3 handfuls baby arugula
- 1/2 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup fennel, chopped
- 1/2 golden beet (cooked), diced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 red pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, chopped fine
- 2-3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 2-4 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled (I used Vermont Creamery fresh goat cheese)
- 2 eggs (preferably organic)
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2-1 teaspoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare lettuce and vegetables for the salad and place in salad bowl.
- Top with the sliced smoked salmon and the crumbled goat cheese and toss lightly.
- Mix the salad dressing ingredients, tasting for the proper balance.
- Poach the eggs and, when they are ready, pour the dressing on the salad, toss again, plate two servings and top each one with a warm poached eggs. YUMMY!
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Shop Spring Cleaning
Bake yourself breakfast.