If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Good food loves avocados any time of day. So start your morning right with a ham and vegetable omelet with avocado slices on top! It will leave you wanting more of this delicious, creamy green for lunch and dinner —Avocados from Mexico
Serves makes one omelet, serves 1-2 people
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cups minced white onion
- ¼ cups green bell pepper, diced
- ½ cups diced ham
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ¼ teaspoons black pepper
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cups shredded Cheddar or a Mexican Blend cheese, divided
- ½ ripe avocado from Mexico pitted, peeled and sliced
- In a large sauté pan, over medium-high heat combine 1 teaspoon olive oil, onion, bell pepper and ham; sauté this mixture for five minutes until soft. Add tomatoes and black pepper and sauté for one more minute to warm the tomatoes.Transfer this mixture to a bowl and set aside.
- Use a paper towel to wipe the pan, add 2 teaspoons olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the eggs, reduce the heat to medium, cover, and cook until the omelet sets, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and sprinkle the surface with ¼ cup of cheese and the ham and vegetable mixture.
- Use a spatula to gently fold the omelet in half. Sprinkle the top of the omelet with the rest of the cheese. Cover the pan and allow omelet to cook for another 30 seconds or until the cheese melts. Place the omelet on a serving plate, top with avocado slices, and serve.
Forget Green Pesto
Here's why red is rad
Green pesto is so last summer.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Beet greens can't be beat.
Savor the season.