If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Braised Lamb Shanks! Just when I thought giving up on lamb was the thing to do... turns out - braising saved the day! - mtlabor
- 2 bone-in lamb shanks
- 5 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 5 parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups red wine
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 2 cups brussel sprouts, quartered
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the lamb shanks with the rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Heat a skillet under medium high heat, add about 1 tablespoon olive oil, and brown shanks, about 5 minutes per side.
- Set your crockpot to the high setting. Add in lamb shanks. Cover with red wine and beef stock. Add in carrots, parsnips, and onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let cook for about 5-8 hours. (I had mine on the high setting for the first hour and then switched it to low while I was at work).
- About 30-45 minutes before serving, add in mushrooms and brussel sprouts. Right before serving, add lemon juice, to taste.
- Serve lamb shanks on mixed vegetables that braised along with it in the crock pot.
Shine a Little Light
Candles for spring.
Let Them Shine
Ultra Thin Chocolate Chip Cookies
DIY Herb Rub
Easygoing banana bread.
Go play outside!