If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My husband, the meat man of the family, makes the most amazing slow roasted Pork Shoulder with a Barbecue glaze. He roasts it slowly in the oven, turning it over about every 30 minutes for about 6 hours. The end result is a succulent, flavorful pork with meat falling off the bone and a nice “tang” to sit against the richness of the meat. - coffeefoodwritergirl
Serves about 8
For the Pork Shoulder Butt:
- 6 pound pork shoulder butt – bone in
- Lawry’s seasoning salt
- black pepper (fresh ground)
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes (or regular) – chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bottle (12 ounce) dark beer (we used San Miguel)
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
For the Barbecue Glaze:
- 2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce (we used Chris & Pitts)
- ½ cup port
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- ½ cup red wine
- juice of one orange
- juice of 2 limes
- juice of 2 tangerines
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white (distilled) vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place pork shoulder butt in roasting pan. Sprinkle liberally with seasoning salt, black pepper and drizzle olive oil over top. Surround with onions and tomatoes. Add vinegar. Pour beer around all. Place in preheated oven. Cook for one hour.
- Meanwhile, mix all ingredients for barbecue glaze in medium bowl. Set aside.
- After an hour, turn the roast over.
- After half an hour, turn roast over again and baste with thick layer of glaze. Continue to do this every half hour (turning and basting...turning and basting) for a total of about 6 hours cooking time, or until roast is tender and falling off the bone.
- Slice and serve with thick sauce on the side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Roasted Pork Shoulder