If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was not originally conceived of as a picnic dish, but I've found that it is very yummy eaten cold right out of the fridge the next day, so I'm sure it would be a great addition to a picnic. I'd recommend making open-faced sandwiches with a crusty white bread. If you want to use other condiments, you can broil the rum sauce onto the pork at the end so it's more of a glaze/crust and then serve the sliced pork with sweet or hot mustard or a fruit chutney. The flavor profile is Carribean-inspired, so tropical fruit salsas will go well with this dish too. - clintonhillbilly
- 2 pounds pork loin
- 3 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup dark or light rum
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- a few drops liquid smoke, or season with smoked salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine garlic, ginger, olive oil, liquid smoke, soy sauce, allspice, and cinammon in food processor and pulse until a paste is formed.
- Score roast by making small slits with a knife. Rub spice paste all over roast, making sure to get it into the slits.
- Roast pork for 50 minutes on a rack, basting every ten minutes with pan juices.
- While pork is roasting, bring remaining ingredients to a boil in a saucepan. Let boil for a few minutes, then turn down to medium heat until rum reduces and a syrupy sauce remains in the pan.
- Remove pork from oven and let rest 5 minutes, then pour rum sauce over pork and slice. Or, pour rum sauce over pork and broil for another five minutes for more of a glazed pork experience.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.