If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad is light and breezy, like a summer day -- with just a few main ingredients: lemon, Parmesan, olive oil and tender asparagus it comes together in a complex yet bright way. - coffeefoodwritergirl —coffeefoodwritergirl
Food52 Review: This salad was refreshing and bright, a great alternative to a typical green salad. Coffeefoodwritergirl uses a simple set of ingredients, which means that fresh, high quality components are key. It was very easy to put together and I liked that I could let it set while I prepared a roasted salmon main course. As it sits, the dressing makes the asparagus less crisp, but more flavorful. I didn't have problems shaving the tips, but did have extra 'bits' that my peeler couldn't shave down any further. I chopped those up and sauteed them with some garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice, which was easily mixed in for some toothsome chunks. This recipe makes a wonderful vibrant side dish ... every bite made me happy it was springtime. - monkeymom —The Editors
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 30 stems) washed and tough ends removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Cut tips off asparagus and reserve for another use. (Maybe the Asparagus Tips and ends with Roasted Fennel I plan to post next...)
- With a potato peeler or your favorite peeling device, shave asparagus spears, turning and shaving, turning and shaving until you have shaved as much as you can – you will have little ends and pieces left over – just reserve them with the tips for another use.
- Place in bowl with olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least half an hour and up to 2 hours. The lemon juice will “cook” and tenderize the asparagus.
- Remove from fridge. Toss in shaved parmesan. Adjust for salt. Serve to plates and grind a little pepper over each one. Enjoy!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Asparagus Recipe
Tomatoes! Peaches! Strawberries!
Our favorite #F52farmstands.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.