If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tofu is a blank canvas that could be taken in many different directions. Here's an Asian recipe I experimented with and it came out surely tasty! - JennT1981
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut in half
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 14.5 ounces coconut milk
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 12 ounces Thai thin rice noodles
- 1/4 cup peanuts, crushed
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat and brown tofu on each side, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove, drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a medium sauce pan and add asparagus. Cook about 3 to 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook another few minutes. Deglaze pan with broth and coconut milk.
- Season with salt, pepper, ginger, cayenne and brown sugar then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for a few minutes. Add key lime juice and tofu and cook another few minutes.
- Finally add rice noodles and cook until tender and almost all liquid has been absorbed, about 5 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro to garnish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mushrooms
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Asparagus Recipe