Author Notes: I'm pretty basic when it comes to my asparagus. I usually roast on high heat with just a little olive oil and salt. When I feel like gilding the lily, I top them with these irresistible lemon crumbs. - melissav
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 anchovies
- 2/3 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 lemons, zest only
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450. Lightly toss the asparagus with olive oil and salt. You just want the spears lightly coated with oil. Roast for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the Lemon Crumbs: Place the olive oil and anchovies in a small skillet over medium low heat. Using the back of a wooden spoon, stir and press on the anchovies until they dissolve into the oil and the oil is lightly bubbling, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the bread crumbs and pine nuts and stir until golden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Scoop into a bowl and stir in the lemon zest, chives, and salt to taste.
- Right before the asparagus is done, spoon the crumbs over and pop the broiler on for a minute. Watch carefully!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Asparagus Recipe