If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mother made this pudding often and I remember waiting impatiently for it to be finished, but I knew once I smelled the Mexican vanilla (which is the secret to this recipe) that the pudding was almost done. This recipe was my grandmother's recipe and I love it! It's sinfully rich and wonderfully smooth! Nobody makes pudding from scratch anymore and it's one of the easiest and most satisfying dishes to make. Enjoy! - Texas chicki
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 5 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 4 cups Milk 1%, Whole milk - depends on your preference
- 6 Large Egg Yolks, slightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter - room temp
- 2 teaspoons Mexican Vanilla
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, & salt together in a large saucepan or dutch oven. In a separate bowl whisk milk & eggs thoroughly and add to the sugar mixture. Cook on med- Hi heat stirring constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles. Turn off heat and stir in butter and vanilla. While the pudding is still hot put plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the pudding and up the sides of the pot. This will prevent a skin forming on the pudding and causing lumps.
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.