Author Notes: Making risotto is a bit of a consuming venture, as you must stir it throughout the entire cooking process. However, the creamy, cheesy grains are a great accompaniment to fish, poultry, or meats! Make up your own combo by simply substituting a different cheese and herbs. - Mariya
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 5-7 cups hot chicken stock
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- Heat oil in a sauce pan over a medium-low heat and sweat the onion until translucent.
- Add rice to the pan and toss to coat; add the salt and pepper and saute, stirring constantly, on low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add wine to the pan and reduce until it's almost gone, stirring constantly.
- Using a ladle add stock to the pan, one by one; once the rice has absorbed the first ladle, add the next one and continue. You must do this on low heat and stir constantly! The process should take 15-20 minutes. The risotto should be creamy and soft.
- Add Parmesan and stir to incorporate. Turn the heat off and cover. Allow to sit for 2-4 minutes.
- Garnish with almonds and cilantro.