Author Notes: A simple dish that's ready in 5 minutes, this one really lets the flavor of fresh asparagus shine. I adore pea shoots raw, but also love them stir-fried, so I think they are perfect here. - WinnieAb
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil, peanut oil, or sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, rinsed well, trimmed, and sliced into pieces approximately 3 inches long
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon tamari
- 2 cups fresh pea shoots
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Sambal Oelek chili sauce- optional
- Heat the oil in a wok or cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add the ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, until they begin to brown.
- Add the asparagus, mirin, rice vinegar and tamari to the pan and stir-fry another 2 minutes.
- Add the pea shoots and cook for another minutes before removing from the heat.
- Mix in the crushed red pepper and the optional chili sauce before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Asparagus Recipe