If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
This is a great recipe in which to use those left over asparagus spears and ends from the Raw Asparagus Salad I posted earlier. If you do not have those little leftovers – just use about a half a bunch (approximately 15 spears) of young, tender asparagus and one large bulb of fennel. The Prosciutto adds a nice little salty bite to the rich sweetness of the fennel....
- (approximately) 15 spears young tender asparagus – chopped into thirds
- 1 large bulb fennel (sliced as thin as possible)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (aprox.)
- black pepper
- 3 slices Prosciutto (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 425. Place a piece of parchment on small baking sheet. Lay fennel on baking sheet and drizzle with 3 tablespoons olive oil and ¼ to ½ teaspoon salt – depending your salt liking...Roast for about 20 mins. until tender – turning 3 times during roasting.
- Heat additional 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat in medium saucepan. Add asparagus and ¼ to ½ teaspoon salt (according to your salt liking...) and a few grinds fresh black pepper. Sauté on medium high, until crisp tender. Turn heat down to low and add Prosciutto. When warmed through, set aside.
- Meanwhile, when fennel is done take out of oven and toss together with asparagus and Prosciutto. Warm through – adjust for salt and pepper and serve.
- Nice caramel-ly, slightly crunchy-tart-rich-subtly sweet-salty starter or side dish...
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Asparagus Recipe
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.