If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love asparagus, but my favorite way to eat it is simply blanched, served with a spritz of lemon juice and a little s&p. For this contest, I decided to get a little creative, and transform some of my favorite standbys with the addition of my favorite spring veggie. The BF loves Asian flavors, and I love the fresh crispness of lettuce wraps. And thus, Asparagus and Chicken Lettuce Wraps were born. —Loves Food Loves to Eat
Serves 4 as a meal, 6-8 as an appetizer
- 2 chicken breasts- 'diced' small
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1.5 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- .5 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- .5 teaspoons black pepper
- 1.5 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 onion-diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic-minced
- 1 bunch asparagus-rinsed, and diced
- 2 cups diced mushrooms
- vegetable oil for cooking
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 head iceberg lettuce- layers separated into 'cups'
- .5-1 cups thinly sliced green onions
- .5-1 cups chopped cashews
- Mix together soy sauce through sesame oil, and marinate chicken in mixture for 30-60 min.
- Heat oil to medium in large wok or skillet. Add onions, garlic, and asparagus, and stir-fry until tender. Add mushrooms, and cook until tender. Put mixture in bowl, and set aside.
- Add chicken w/marinade to hot wok, until cooked. Add back in veggie mixture- stir to combine.
- Whisk together 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1 T rice vinegar, and cornstarch, until dissolved. Stir into chicken/veggie mixture, until 'gooey.' Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve in a bowl, accompanied by a plate of lettuce cups, nuts, and green onions. Let guests make their own lettuce wraps, putting a big spoonful of mixture into lettuce cup, and garnishing with nuts and green onions.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Asparagus Recipe
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Say hello to the open road.
We shall call them pop-tails.