If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my absolute favorite way to cook fresh green peas, which have not yet appeared in our farmers market or Whole Foods, more's the pity. But be assured as soon as they do, I will eat them like this daily while they are in season. (Well, maybe every other day.) They're the essence of simplicity, and the essence of spring. —Kayb
- 2 cups shelled green peas, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- Steam peas over boiling water until barely crisp tender, about 2 minutes.
- Toss with butter (works easier if it's softened) and tarragon.
- Eat immediately. Then you'll understand why I say 2 cups of peas will serve two people.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Spring Peas