If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Looks like I was a little late for the contest with this recipe, but it is worth submitting anyway - it is SO good!!! I love the contests because they inspire me to make up new recipes based on what I have on hand. Which is how this recipe evolved. Asparagus, arugula and parsley were about the only things in the garden at the moment. I only had half a package of cream cheese, but a lot of Ricotta, which made the cheesecake come out a lot lighter. The topping and crust need to be baked until crispy. the contrast with the smooth texture of the cake really works. —Nancy Nicole
Serves 8 as a main course, 12 as an appetizer.
- 2 cups coarsley ground almonds
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup melted, salted butter
- 2 cups chopped asparagus
- 1/2 cup arugula, stems removed and chopped
- 2 Tblsp. butter
- a few shakes sea salt
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- 2 cups Ricotta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1'4 cup finely chopped Italian flat-leafed parsley
- Combine first 3 ingredients well. Press 1 and 1/2 cups of this mixture onto the bottom of a lightly buttered 10 inch spring form pan. Reserve the rest of it for the topping.
- Bake crust at 275 F for 15 minutes, or until golden and firm. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare filling: First Saute asparagus and arugula in the butter over medium heat for 10 minutes or just until asparagus is tender, salting it lightly after about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, puree cream cheese, ricotta, and eggs until smooth. Add flour and puree again until very smooth. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Pulse until combined.
- Pour cheese mixture into a large mixing bowl. fold in parsley, and asparagus mixture. Pour onto cooled crust.
- Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes, or until top is almost set.
- Reduce heat to 375 F. Sprinkle the rest of the almond-swiss topping onto the cheesecake and bake for another 35-40 minutes, or until cake is set and topping is crispy and golden.
- Let cool. Run a knife around the edge and remove side of pan. Serve at room temperature.
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
DIY Nutter Butters.
Shop our new office.
How to make bouillabaisse.
Just shrub it off.