If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Two 'secret' ingredients in this recipe which I read in a Maya Angelou or Terry Macmillan book years ago - brown sugar was one, and I forget the other, so I've made up mine - cumin seeds! It provides a superb base for homemade fish fingers, can be transformed into a soup and is superb with chips! - Kitchen Butterfly
- 3 cups shelled spring peas (You could also use frozen!)
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons vinegar (wine, apple or sherry)
- 12 - 20 mint leaves
- Fresh chili pepper, to taste
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-2 teaspoons cumin seeds, dry roasted and crushed
- Salt, to taste
- Olive oil (optional)
- Creme fraiche, to serve (optional)
- In a pan, gently cook the spring peas in water, salting to taste. Let cook for 4-5 minutes, till the colour changes to a vibrant green and it tastes 'just cooked'
- Then add the sugar and vinegar, stir well and let it sit for a couple of minutes.
- Put the peas in a food processor, with the mint leaves and chili pepper and blitz till you have a chunky paste. If the mixture is too thick, loosen with a little bit of water.
- Once ready, using a spatula, put puree in a bowl and adjust seasonings. Then stir in minced garlic and a pinch of cumin seeds.
- To serve, make a circular groove and sprinkle some olive oil and extra cumin seeds. Add creme fraiche if you like
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Spring Peas
Fried Toast and Ice Cream Floats.
A list of things we like.
Listing What We Like.
3 Ways to Compost
Go play outside!
DIY Herb Rubs
Not-so traditional pesto