Author Notes: Full flavored fresh sea scallops don't need a lot if you pan sear them. This bring out the flavor of a caramlized scallop with a delicious pomegranate sauce. Served with a veggie and rice, and you have a delicious meal. - Carnivore&Vegetarian
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon pink peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch salt and black pepper
- Add ingredients to a small sauce pan/pot
- Bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until the sauce is reduced by half.
- Serve over scallops
Pan Seared Scallops
- 1 pound fresh sea scallops
- fine black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat cast iron (or regular pan) over medium-high heat and add olive until it begins to smoke.
- While pan is heating, wash scallops and then pat until completely dry. Season with a little salt and pepper on both sides.
- When pan is ready, add scallops in batches of 4-6, depending on the size of your pan. Cook for approximately 2 minutes per side, or until each side has a nice brown sear.
- Tip: for better results, keep scallops apart in pan and avoid them touching. This is why you cook in batches.
- Serve immediately and top with pomegranate sauce, vegetable of your choice and white rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Scallops