If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Full flavored fresh sea scallops don't need a lot if you pan sear them. This bring out the flavor of a caramlized scallop with a delicious pomegranate sauce. Served with a veggie and rice, and you have a delicious meal. - Carnivore&Vegetarian
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon pink peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch salt and black pepper
- Add ingredients to a small sauce pan/pot
- Bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until the sauce is reduced by half.
- Serve over scallops
Pan Seared Scallops
- 1 pound fresh sea scallops
- fine black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat cast iron (or regular pan) over medium-high heat and add olive until it begins to smoke.
- While pan is heating, wash scallops and then pat until completely dry. Season with a little salt and pepper on both sides.
- When pan is ready, add scallops in batches of 4-6, depending on the size of your pan. Cook for approximately 2 minutes per side, or until each side has a nice brown sear.
- Tip: for better results, keep scallops apart in pan and avoid them touching. This is why you cook in batches.
- Serve immediately and top with pomegranate sauce, vegetable of your choice and white rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Scallops
Fried cheese? Yes, please.
Lettuce love vegetables.
A master class in recipes.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.