If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When you're 'cooking for one' you don't always have the luxury of a wide variety to cook with - it's just too wasteful. So a lot of the time you just go for one of your usual meals. And sometimes you try to surprise yourself by using whatever's in there to take you off your beaten culinary path. Except for the Quorn and butter, all ingredients were from Santa Monica Farmer's Market. —Maefly
Serves 1 or more
- 1 cup Quorn Meatless Chicken Nuggets
- 1 cup shelled English peas
- 1 white carrot
- 1 tablespoon chopped or sliced raw fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon sliced or chopped ginger
- 1 handful walnuts
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 dashes salt and pepper
- 1 splash olive oil
- 1 splash vinegar
- Heat peas on low flame in shallow water with chopped garlic, ginger and pat of butter.
- Heat frozen Quorn meatless chicken nuggets in toaster oven or regular oven.
- Dry toast walnuts in toaster oven or regular oven.
- Chop carrot.
- When butter is melted and peas are softening but still bright green, take them off heat.
- Put all together in dish, season to taste with salt, pepper, olive oil and vinegar (or your own salad dressing/sauce).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Spring Peas
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
These snacks are independent.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
49 new dinnerware pieces.
A handy saucepan.