If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe below was inspired by one I had at a recent event. That one was made with basil. Since I served mine with tacos, I thought cilantro would be a better complement. Some recipes call for muddling the fruit and herbs. I found pureeing a bunch of watermelon in a blender a big timesaver. It also meant the kids could slurp up watermelon juice while the adults enjoyed their own spiked version. The force of the cilantro hitting the ice in the pitcher also infused the essence into the margaritas.
- Jennifer Perillo
Makes two 3-ounce drinks
- cocktail shaker filled with ice
- 2 ounces fresh blended watermelon juice
- 2 ounces lime sour mix (recipe below)
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce tequila
- few sprigs of fresh cilantro
- 2 watermelon wedges, to garnish
- Add watermelon juice, sour mix, triple sec, tequila and cilantro to cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously until outside of container beads ups with sweat. Serve straight up or on the rocks, as you like. Garnish each drink with one watermelon wedge. Lime Sour Mix Makes 1 ½ cups This is a refreshing base to add to sparkling water for a refreshing non-alcoholic drink. Traditional recipes call for egg whites but you’ll find this one tastes just as good without them. ¾ cup simple syrup ¾ cup fresh squeezed lime juice Combine ingredients and shake well. Store in refrigerator until ready to use for up to one week.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best End of Summer Cocktail