If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Modern twists on this drink use whiskey instead of brandy. On Mad Men Sunday nights though, I’m sticking with this classic recipe. - Jennifer Perillo
Makes two 3-ounce drinks
- Superfine sugar to rim glasses
- 1 orange
- 2 peels of orange rind
- 2 ounces brandy
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 2 fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 old fashioned cocktail or martini glasses
- Add sugar to a small plate. Make two twists from orange rind, by cutting strips with a paring knife or vegetable peeler (try not to get any of the bitter white pith). Cut a wedge from remaining orange and wipe it around the rim of each glass. Dip rims in sugar and add one piece of rind to each glass. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add brandy, triple sec and lemon juice. Stir vigorously until beads of sweat form on outside of shaker. Strain into prepared glass. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best End of Summer Cocktail
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
The Best Cinnamon Rolls
10 Cozy Finger Foods