If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was drinking mojitos before they were cool. Well, they were cold, but before they were popular. I love the classic one, but this watermelon number is my very favorite cooler for hot days. Pink glasses and pink flamingo swizzle sticks are optional, but certainly add to the experience. - Kayb - Kayb
Food52 Review: An ideal cocktail for steamy summer days -- fruity, bubbly and not too sweet. The watermelon is light, refreshing and gives the drink a tantalizing rosy hue. Each component plays a vital role, so resist the temptation to skip the club soda or skimp on the mint. These mojitos are quick to put together and sure to please a crowd. - mariaraynal
- The Editors
- 2 cups watermelon, in chunks
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces light rum
- club soda
- 10 good-sized sprigs fresh mint
- In a blender, whiz together the watermelon, syrup, lime juice and rum.
- Muddle 4 sprigs of mint in the bottom of each of two glasses. Add ice, and divide contents of blender between glasses.
- Finish filling glasses with club soda, and garnish with a sprig of fresh mint. Make another blender-full before you drink these, because you'll want another.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Refresher
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls