If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A friend of mine at the Reef in Washington, D.C. concocted this for me one night last spring and I've never looked back. Almost every time I order this, no matter where I go, I convert a skeptical bartender or fellow bar-goer. My buddy Patrick at Bar Pilar (also in Washington) ingeniously suggested I substitute ginger beer for the ginger ale; I would recommend the same if you happen to have that handy. But ginger ale works just as well. While I have specified Angostura bitters here, that just reflects my personal preference. There are many varieties of bitters available, but I find the Angostura really amplifies the citrus in the vodka and the ginger in the mixer. But whatever your choice, use it judiciously--a little goes a long way. —Bogre
- 4-count orange vodka (2 oz.) (I prefer Absolut Mandarin)
- Ginger Ale or Ginger Beer
- splash of Angostura Bitters (or to taste)
- sliced orange, for garnish
- Fill a highball glass with ice. Pour the vodka over. Fill with ginger ale or ginger beer. Hit it with a splash of bitters, stir, and garnish with sliced orange.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Refresher
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.
Off to market.