If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After my mother died, I was going through her wooden recipe box and discovered a treasure trove of recipes from her, her mother and her grandmother. Gram Norcross, my great-grandmother, lived until I was thirteen. Four generations of women in our family have made her recipe. It interested me to read my grandmother's comment at the bottom of the recipe, noting that it fed 5 people with second helpings! Portion sizes were so different in those days. I love the old-fashioned name. —Lizthechef
Serves 4, nowadays
- 1/2 cup grated American cheese
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs, tightly packed
- 1 6 oz. can of tuna or salmon
- Add cheese to soup and heat until cheese has melted. Remove from heat. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat egg yolks slightly - then add a little of the mixture to them and mix well. Then stir in the rest of the yolks into the cheese mix. Add bread crumbs and tuna.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into mixture. Pour into 2 quart casserole and bake for 45 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Best Recipe or Technique Your Mother Taught You
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
These snacks are independent.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
49 new dinnerware pieces.
A handy saucepan.