If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I quite enjoy my grilled cheese sandwiches dipped in ketchup, and so I made a condiment that could go right on paninis, grilled cheeses, and other sandwiches. It's made from late summer ingredients--peaches and tomatoes--and the flavorings are kept to a minimum to let the fruit/vegetable shine —Cara Eisenpress
Makes 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 peaches, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat the olive oil in a small pan. Add the onions and garlic and cook until translucent. Add the peaches, tomatoes, and torn basil, and raise the heat to medium high. Stir in the two kinds of sugar and the vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Once you see a few bubbles, give the mixture a stir, then let it simmer until thickened and jammy, about an hour. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Preserves