If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I came up with this to please my girl friends in the hot tub while dreaming of warmer weather...April, May? Remember it's cold where I live. This was spring in a glass. Refreshing, cool, and hydrating. The mint and lime zest make it. Make sure the melon (you could use any kind) is ripe and remove the seeds. We love this,enjoy! - SaySchwartzAndBeSure
Serves as many as you need
- 1 choice watermelon cut into ice-cube size pieces
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves
- Good quality vodka of your choice
- vermouth (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Cut your watermelon in half and proceed to chop it into bite size cubes. Remove any seeds.
- Place cubes in a zip-lock bag loosely and freeze.
- When guests are ready, use per martini: 4/5 cubes of the watermelon, 1 fresh mint leaf, 1 1/2 oz of vodka,one icecube, vermouth if you need/like it (less is more) and a pinch of lime zest.
- Blend all together quickly so it is slushly. Decorate with a mint leaf, small slice of lime or a flower and a straw. Serve in a chilled martini glass.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Refresher
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
The Daily Grind
Italian Breakfast Buns