If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mother and father loved sweet flavored meat dishes. This was one of my mother's favorites. Instead of some of the steps, you can used boneless chicken breasts and canned broth. Instead of cutting up the pineapple, you can use crushed pineapple. Today I would add a thin slice of fresh pineapple and sprinkle toasted macadamia nuts on top. - trishthedish
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 8 1/2oz. can pineapple slices
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 green pepper, cut into rings
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup pineapple syrup
- Broil breasts in the 2 1/2C water for 45 minutes. Cover and simmer until tender, add seasonings. When cool, remove skin and bones from breast meat. Set aside breasts. Put bones back in broth and bring to boil to reduce to 1 cup of broth.
- Beat egg, blend in flour and a little broth to create a thin batter. Place chicken breasts in batter to coat and fry in oil until golden brown.
- In separate saucepan, cut pineapple slices in pieces, add 1 cup broth, soy sauce, pepper, lemon juice, and brown sugar and bring to a boil. In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in syrup, then add to sauce. Stir until thick and pour over chicken. Serve on sticky white rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Best Recipe or Technique Your Mother Taught You
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.