If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I cobbled this together for a party when I decided I needed a little something extra and pretty much all I had left in the fridge was a bag of mini carrots. It's particularly good with lavash chips (lavash cut into strips and toasted). Every time I make this I have people asking for the recipe. —solmstea
Makes 2ish cups
- 1 pound or 1 bunch Carrots, peeled and chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Brown rice vinegar
- 1 dash Sesame oil or to taste
- 2 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1.5 teaspoons Whole toasted cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne or 1 teaspoon Harissa
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh ginger, grated
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- Some extra olive oil and cumin for drizzling on top
- Boil the chopped carrots in lightly salted water until tender. Drain and mash. I usually do it with a fork but you can use a food processor for a finer texture.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Sprinkle with toasted cumin and drizzled with olive oil. Serve.
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.