If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are a twist on a recipe from one of my mother's favorite cookbooks, The Everyday Gourmet. I've added espresso powder and subtracted the nuts, because that's how I roll. (Oh, and, Jane? That's my mom!) - queenie_nyc
Makes 16-20 brownies
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 13x9 baking pan and set aside.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a double-boiler set over very low heat. Allow to cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until pale yellow. Add the cooled chocolate mixture and beat until well-combined. Mix in the flour, espresso powder, baking powder and salt and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and vanilla.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and back 25-30 minutes, until just set in the center. Allow to cool on a rack before cutting.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Best Recipe or Technique Your Mother Taught You
How to Take a Food52-Style Photo
Those Instagrams aren't going to like themselves.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends
Genius, explained at last.
Books We Love
My New Roots, by Sarah Britton
Style with a breeze.