If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love minty drinks when the weather starts to warm up. Add in some zippy citrus and bubbles, and I couldn't be more refreshed. Mint simple syrup can keep for a while in the fridge. It's a also great with lemon juice. - vvvanessa - vvvanessa
Food52 Review: Tart and refreshing, this limeade is a perfect drink for getting into the spirit of spring. The mint syrup is intensely flavored, so you don't need much, and vvvanessa applies a particularly light touch with this one sweet element -- which we found made for an invigorating (and highly quaffable) drink. If you've got a sweet tooth, just add a little more of the mint syrup. Simple and lovely in its pure form, this recipe would make a great jumping off point for all sorts of riffs. If you're so inclined, try adding a splash of vodka, or even light rum. - A&M - The Editors
Serves about 2 quarts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves, washed with stems removed
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- club soda
- Make mint simple syrup by combining sugar, water, and mint in a saucepan and bringing it to a boil then immdiately allowing it to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Strain the leaves.
- To assemble the limeade, add about 1 ounce each of the simple syrup and lime juice in a tall glass filled with ice. Top with about 6 ounces of club soda. Stir. Garnish with fresh mint or a lime wedge.
- Your Best Spring Refresher Contest Winner!
Soffritto: The Superstar
Your new favorite three-ingredient ingredient.
Soffritto's a superstar.
Lettuce love vegetables.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.