Author Notes: These days, iced tea is my drink of choice. It's refreshing, and when you make the pretty floral ice cubes, it's classy! - mrslarkin
For the Pretty Floral Ice Cubes
- edible flowers
- Boil a kettle of water. Let cool.
- Pick a bunch of clean, unsprayed, unfertilized violets, or other edible flowers, in your backyard or other safe place. Some stores sell edible flowers. Gently rinse flowers.
- Fill an ice cube tray half-full with cooled water. Place flowers in each compartment. Fill up trays with more cooled water. Freeze several hours or until solid.
For the Iced Tea
- 16 ounces tea of your choice (I like peach green tea, steeped for 3 minutes)
- a few mint leaves
- 2 lemon slices, cut in half
- pretty floral ice cubes
- simple syrup (1 part water, 1 part sugar, heated in a saucepan until sugar dissolves and mixture thickens)
- Make any tea of your choice. Chill.
- Place several floral ice cubes in a tall glass. Pour chilled tea over. Garnish with mint leaves, gently crushed to release oils, and lemon slices.
- Serve simple syrup in a small glass pitcher and use as little or as much as you like. Leftover simple syrup can keep in the refrigerator for a good while. Add a straw and sip away. Happy Spring!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Refresher