Author Notes: I concocted this for a special visit from one of my BFFs, who lives nearly three thousand miles away and with whom, these days, I share way too few summer cocktails. She's a confident and creative mixologist, so I wanted to impress her. For the full story of this drink's creation (and a chance to name it and win something for your trouble), visit http://thesisterproject.com/orloff/the-official-cocktail-of-me.
- Paige Orloff
- 2 cantaloupes, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 limes, juiced; juice reserved
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, plus 8 springs for garnish
- 4 ounces dark rum
- 2 ounces white rum
- 1 ounce elderflower liqueur (St. Germain brand)
- Place the frozen cantaloupe, mint leaves and lime juice in blender, and blend on high until smooth.
- Add the alcohol and blend again to just combine.
- Pour into a chilled martini glass, and if desired, garnish with more mint.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best End of Summer Cocktail