If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had some ginger tea left over from my "Spring Refresher" recipe. The rest just evolved out of what was in the fridge. It would taste just as good with peanut butter and other vegetables or even chicken instead of tofu. Healthy and filling. —Nancy Nicole
- 4 cups Unsweetened ginger tea
- 1/4 cup Almond butter (smooth)
- a few dashes cayenne powder
- 1 Tblsp. Tamari soy sauce
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 3 Tblsp. Olive oil
- 7 oz. firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 large Red shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cups Broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup fresh asparagus, chopped
- slivered almonds and chopped parsley to garnish (optional).
- Heat strained ginger tea to a simmer. Turn off heat and whisk in almond butter. Add cayenne, tamari and season to taste. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add tofu and saute over medium high heat until at least 2 sides of most cubes are lightly browned. Add shallots, broccoli and asparagus. Saute another 5 minutes, or until vegetables are just tender.
- Add vegetables to broth and heat gently through. Garnish with slivered almonds and parsley, if desired.
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.
Off to market.