If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometime way back in my past life, I had a onion and anchovy pizza with a friend who also liked that bizarre combination. Not even my husband will go near one. So I decided to tweek all the main ingredients to make a better kinder pizza. The sauce I am referring to I have called a magic sauce because it seems that "all" the bloggers are buzzing about the wonder of this sauce and how it is sooo simple yet transforms dishes into the extraordinary! It is a sweet light sauce that does not overpower the ramps.( which was invented by Marcella Hazen and has become a food52 Genius recipe.) I am not a great pizza dough maker so I would suggest that you use your own favorite pizza dough. My current favorites (8-8-2012) are Jim Lahy's or Andrea Mugliani's who are both experts. - dymnyno
Serves one pizza
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of sugar
- Disolve the yeast in warm water and let stand about 10 minutes.
- Mix the flour, olive oil, salt , pinch of sugar, and yeast mixture to form a dough. Punch around and then cover for about 30 minutes.
- Form into a round.
- Flour or cornmeal a baking stone or pan. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- 1/2 lb ramps quickly sauteed in 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 package white anchovies,(or more if you are a real anchovy fan) drained
- 1/4 cup green olives , pitted and coursely chopped
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- ****1 cup magic sauce more or less, depending on the size of the pizza(recipe is at the bottom of steps)
- After the dough is shaped into a suitable pizza round, spread the magic sauce on it. Then spread the mozzarella cheese on it.
- Next, arrange the white anchovies on the round.
- Next, arrange the sauteed ramps on the round.
- Next, scatter the green olives on the round.
- Put the pizza in the preheated oven. If you have a real pizza oven or wood fire oven...lucky you!
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Watch closely so the pizza doen't burn.
- Caution: if you are using a peel, be sure to have enough cornmeal under the pizza when you slide it onto the stone or baking sheet...I had a very unfortunate accident when I didn't!
- *****MAGIC SAUCE: Put a 28 oz, can of San Marazano or home canned whole tomatoes in a large pot with 1/2 cube of butter and a peeled sweet yellow onion that is cut in half. Simmer for about an hour stirring often. Oh..then.throw away the onion.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pizza
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ramps
A Memorial Day Menu minus the Fuss
Your holiday just got a whole lot easier.
Memorial Day made easy.
We need your help!
All you need for Memorial Day.
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
Mortar and pestle perfection.