If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Next to my absolutely favourite comfort food of Turkish yogurt with ginger jam and almonds, is this version where the fiery hot ginger jam is subbed for sweet and fresh gingered rhubarb. It is also perfect on a bowl of porridge, on toast and as a side to savoury dishes. —Kitchen Butterfly
Rhubarb and Ginger Yogurt Verrines
- 250g Turkish (or Greek) yoghurt
- 4 heaped tablespoons of Rhubarb Ginger sauce/compote
- 4 tablespoons Flaked (silvered) almonds
- Get 4 verrine glasses and fill with yogurt.
- Top each glass with a tablespoon of the rhubarb sauce/compote followed by a tablespoon of flaked almonds.
- For best results, leave overnight for the verrine to 'set' - the yogurt becomes super creamy, and the almonds soften a little bit and absorb the flavours of rhubarb and ginger: heaven...to me
- If you can't wait, serve same day!
Rhubarb ginger sauce/compote
- 500g rhubarb, finely sliced
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 4 balls/pieces, preserved ginger, chopped
- The first time I made this, I thought by steaming my rhubarb, I would preserved the nice pink colours…but I didn't. Anyhow, put the rhubarb, and ginger in a pan and heat till the rhubarb is soft (5 - 10 minutes). Take off the heat.
- If you want a smooth sauce, blend the mixture. If you prefer chunky, leave as is or use a potato masher to mash cooked rhubarb. Put into a clean, washed jar and refigerate for 2-3 weeks!
- Return to the heat and add the freshly grated ginger and chopped ginger and simmer for a couple of minutes, till heated through.
- Then turn of heat and let cool down completely. Pour into a clean jar and refrigerate overnight for best result.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Rhubarb
Are Marinades Worth It?
We're getting down to the meat of the issue
Are marinades worth it?
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
This week's best #f52farmstands.
Have a ball (jar).