If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love British "puddings", or desserts, and found a version of this recipe during a visit to Scotland. It came from a house and garden magazine. I have changed proportions, added ingredients and played with grams versus ounces, milliliters versus cups. The original recipe called for Greek yogurt rather than the magnificent cream found in the UK. What results is a healthier "fool" using rhubarb rather than the traditional gooseberry. - Lizthechef
- 1 1/2 pounds organic rhubarb
- 1/2 cup caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup best quality Greek yogurt, such as Fage
- sliced crystallized ginger to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash, trim and cut rhubarb into one inch pieces. Place in 9 X 11 glass baking dish. Sprinkle with sugar, fresh ginger and cinnamon. Mix lightly with hands to coat fruit. Bake for 30 minutes, or until fruit is tender.
- Drain the cooked rhubarb, reserving its juices. Puree the rhubarb in processor, adding 2 T. of the juice and the vanilla. Allow the puree to cool in a glass or ceramic bowl. Once cooled, fold half the puree into the yogurt and pour into a one quart serving dish. Carefully spoon the rest of the puree on top of the dessert. Garnish with slices of crystallized ginger.
- Cover the dessert with plastic and chill in fridge until serving. Note: you can also divide the dessert into 4 individual dishes before chilling and serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Rhubarb