If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have to admit that my ultimate favorite rhubarb recipe is rhubarb pie, but I ended up making this rhubarb chutney as an accompaniment to pork tenderloin and I have used in several different ways since. It is sweet, but have a bit from the ginger and the peppers hit the back of the throat. I have served it along with biscuits as a surprise along more traditional jams and have gotten rave reviews. In this picture, I served it warm with a berkshire porkchop that was seasoned with cumin and coriander. Then put a mint pesto with some Isreali couscous. It was a super flavorful meal. I would love to hear how you serve it - MyCommunalTable
Makes approximently three cups
- 3 cups rhubarb, cleaned and chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cidar vinegar
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon crystalized ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Put all the ingredients above in a sauce pan over medium-low heat.
- Cook down for about 20 minutes.
- Add water if you would like it thinner. Adjust seasonings. Serve or chill. Good for about two weeks.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Rhubarb
Soffritto: The Superstar
Your new favorite three-ingredient ingredient.
Soffritto's a superstar.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
A master class in recipes.
This is poppin'.