Author Notes: I have to admit that my ultimate favorite rhubarb recipe is rhubarb pie, but I ended up making this rhubarb chutney as an accompaniment to pork tenderloin and I have used in several different ways since. It is sweet, but have a bit from the ginger and the peppers hit the back of the throat. I have served it along with biscuits as a surprise along more traditional jams and have gotten rave reviews. In this picture, I served it warm with a berkshire porkchop that was seasoned with cumin and coriander. Then put a mint pesto with some Isreali couscous. It was a super flavorful meal. I would love to hear how you serve it - MyCommunalTable
Makes approximently three cups
- 3 cups rhubarb, cleaned and chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cidar vinegar
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon crystalized ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Put all the ingredients above in a sauce pan over medium-low heat.
- Cook down for about 20 minutes.
- Add water if you would like it thinner. Adjust seasonings. Serve or chill. Good for about two weeks.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Rhubarb