Author Notes: I ate something very like this at Momofuku Ssam this week and had to attempt to replicate it at home—it was just too good not to have again right away! It's really key to use a fresh pasta that's chewy and is more or less the same thickness as your skinniest ramps. The trout roe and butter create a deliciously simple sauce that will have you licking the bowl. - gluttonforlife
- 2 dozen very skinny ramps, bulbs & stems only, cleaned
- 1/2 pound fresh handcut fusilli di gragnano, or similar pasta
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons trout roe
- Set a pot of water to boil for the pasta.
- Melt butter in a sautee pan over medium heat, and cook ramps until tender.
- Throw the pasta in boiling salted water and cook until al dente. Drain and combine in a medium bowl with ramps and butter. Stir in trout roe. Add another knob of butter if you're feeling decadent. Devour with a glass of icy white wine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ramps