Author Notes: My mother used to make this snacking cake all the time as we had rhubarb growing in our backyard every summer... so delicious :) I can also be dressed up with some fresh whipped cream and a mint leaf to serve at a party! - josieandsam
Makes 1 cake
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Blend butter and sugar in food processor. Add egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternatively with buttermilk.
- Add chopped rhubarb and pulse a couple times until blended and rhubrab is still in chunks.
- Put into a greased standard springform pan.
- Mix together the topping ingredients and sprinkle over top of cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approx 45 mins.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Rhubarb