If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love lemon curd but sometimes wish for something with fewer calories. With this recipe I answered my own dreams! It's still totally luscious, I don't even miss the butter. Try it with meringue and berries for a riff on the Pavlova. —gluttonforlife
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 scant cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 8 tablespoons lemon zest
- Strain lemon juice and combine with sugar in a small saucepan. Heat on low and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Place cornstarch in a small bowl and whisk in a few tablespoons of the lemon syrup. Then stir back into saucepan.
- Lightly beat eggs in a medium bowl. Remove lemon syrup from heat and pour slowly into beaten egg while whisking briskly. Continue to whisk by hand for one minute.
- Return mixture to saucepan. Add lemon zest, and heat on low until it thickens, about five minutes. Remove from heat. Transfer to a container, cover surface with saran (to prevent a skin from forming), and refrigerate.
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.