If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is fantastic served shortcake-style (over a biscuit with some whipped cream), spooned over vanilla ice cream, or on top of plain Greek yogurt. —queenie_nyc
Serves 3 cups
- 3-4 stalks rhubarb, leaves trimmed, strings removed, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 - 1/2 cups turbinado sugar, depending on taste
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled and sliced length-wise into 1/4 inch pieces
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, cook the rhubarb down till just softened, but still holding its shape. Stir in the sugar and heat till it dissolves in the rhubarb's juice, then stir in the strawberries.
- Cook just until bubbling, then remove from heat. Once the mixture has cooled somewhat, spoon into a clean mason jar and refrigerate until you're ready to eat! It should last about two or three weeks in the fridge.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Rhubarb
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.