If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Serve with a crisp green salad like romaine or iceberg, or as a sauce for seafood. Foraging for the ramps was an adventure. We tramped over the river and through the woods to fetch them—hence the name of this recipe. - mrslarkin - mrslarkin
Food52 Review: I was really pleased to test this recipe because I love Green Goddess Dressing, and I love ramps. The idea to combine the two was, I thought, brilliant. I wasn't disappointed. My dressing turned out a bit lighter than the one in the original photo, but the dressing is SO delicious I have literally been eating it with a spoon. And, now it's about to sauce some razor clams for dinner... - ChefJune - ChefJune
Serves about 2 cups
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- juice of 1/2 lemon, or to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 3 scallions
- 1 large spring onion, bulb only
- or use ramps in place of chives, scallions and onion (see step 2)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves, or more to taste
- 6 anchovy fillets, or to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Puree until smooth and season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill.
- Alternatively, substitute about ¾ cup combined fresh young ramp bulbs and tender leaves for the chives, scallions and onion.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Anchovies
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Alliums
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe